Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Trade Stack #2: Sticking with the Theme

Same rules as any other trade stack: send me one card off my want list, that being any card I don't have from my player collections (Lopez, Hampton, Uggla) or of any of the players listed on the left hand side. I'll add a card each week, or whenever I feel like it.

I'm going to try to keep with the Silver Slugger theme, at least with the opening card of the stack.


1998 Upper Deck Tape Measure Titans #27 Vinny Castilla

Castilla won the Silver Slugger in 1995, 1997, and 1998. The 1998 season saw some of Castilla's best work with career highs in total games (all 162), HRs (46), RBIs (144), and OBP (.362). This card celebrates Castilla's 438 ft. HR at Coors Field 6/14/96 when the Colorado Rockies beat the Phillies 10-6. On this day, Coors Field also saw it's first ever inside-the-park HR hit by Ellis Burks. 

1 comment:

  1. I'd be interested in trading for any Angels you might want to part with. Let me know.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete