Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Javy-ween

Happy Halloween everyone! My second favorite holiday of the year next to Christmas. It gives me the opportunity to decorate my apartment in skulls and gravestones without anyone thinking I'm strange. Too bad I can't leave it up year round!

I've had a lot of Javy Lopez stuff come in recently that I ordered off eBay. First up, the May 1994 edition of Beckett Future Stars magazine with Javy on the cover.


From what I've found, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems that the Future Stars edition of Beckett was published monthly from 1990-1997. It featured players such as Frank Thomas, Ken Griffey Jr., Andruw Jones, and Hideo Nomo.

I thought that there would be an article focusing on Javy, but instead it just gives a little snapshot of his entry into the Bigs.



The magazine arrived in excellent condition. A wonderful addition to my Javy collection. Next time I get the opportunity, do ya'll think I should get him to sign the cover or leave it as is?

I also purchased another lot of Javy cards. 77 to be exact, all different. Out of 77, I'll add 33 to my collection with 44 being duplicates of ones I already have. Buying player lots was a great way to start my player collections, but now that they have grown, it's becoming harder to find lots where I can add the majority of the cards to my collection. I could go back to my LCS and start buying them individually, but it's just not as much fun. Anyways, here are a few of my favorites from the lot:


And since there are a few other Braves bloggers out there, here are some of the dupes that I'd be more than willing to trade. I have a whole box full of dupes, so if you're looking for anything specific let me know.


I realize posts on player collections may not be the most entertaining, but it's the whole reason I am into card collecting so that's why you may see quite a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment